Coarse Besan Kadhi
These little savory wonders will have you satisfied. They're pretty simple to make, so here's a recipe for some deliciously crispy Kadhi.
• FMF Coarse Besan: 1 Cup
• Onion: 1 x small (chopped)
• Turmeric: 1/2tsp
• Red Chillie Powder: 1/2tsp
• Water: 3 Cups
• Coriander: 3tbsp (finely chopped)
• Oil: 2 tbsp for cooking/ ½ cup for frying the batter
• Cumin seeds (Jeera): 1/2tsp
• Mustard seeds (Sarso): 1/2tsp
• Fenugreek seeds (Methi): 1/4tsp
1. In a large mixing bowl take 1 cup coarse besan, add ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tbsp coriander, ½ onion chopped, 3 cups water and mix well into a batter.
2. Pour oil in a frying pan under medium heat, let oil reach to medium hot temperature.
3. Take a tablespoon of the batter mix and drop it in the hot oil under. Cook till it becomes light brown on both sides.
Tip: place the cooked mixture on a white paper towel to drain oil further.
4. Remove frying pan from stove and replace with a medium sized cooking pot. Pour 2tbsp, of oil and heat, add in the r remaining onion, cumin, fenugreek and mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric and chillie powder to taste. Cook on low heat for 10-15mins
5. Add in the fried batter plus corrainder and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve with hot steamed rice or roti.