Coarse Besan Laddoo
Savor Besan Laddoo's in a new way, made from FMF's Coarse Besan flour. They are simple to make.
- Coarse Besan - 3cups
- Powdered Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee - 1 cup melted
- Cardamom (Elaichi) 4-5 pieces
- Cashews - 1/2 cup (optional)
1. In a wok (pan), add 2 tablespoons of ghee and roast the Gram flour (besan) evenly by continuously stirring it with a spatula over a medium flame until a nice toasted aroma comes out of it.
Tip: Be careful not to burn the besan while roasting it as it will completely ruin the taste of the laddoo.
2. Roasting the flour properly is one of the biggest challenges in this recipe. If the flour is not roasted properly there will be a raw smell to the ladoos, It’s also not good for health. So roast until you begin to get the lovely aroma, the color would be yellowish golden.
3. Let the roasted besan cool down. Keep it aside
4. Powder the sugar along with the cardamom and keep aside.
5. Take the cooled down roasted besan and mix with the sugar and transfer this mix to a big plate.
6. Now add the melted ghee.
Tip: Do not pour too much ghee while making the balls, it’s better to pour little by little. To avoid the mixture becoming greasy and to make the mixture bind well.
7. Add enough ghee to help to make balls. Once, you have added the ghee, make small tight balls out of the mixture immediately.
Tip: If your flour looks dry, add the ghee as needed little by little. And if your flour looks greasy, do not add more ghee.
8. While making the balls, place one piece of cashew for garnish.
9. Its now ready to be served.