How to make Dhal Soup
- Wash 2 cups of yellow split peas and place it in a pot with 6 cups of water.
- Add required amount of Turmeric powder for color and salt for taste and boil on medium heat until peas soften. (Water may be added while cooking for preferred thickness).
- Add vegetables of your choice while peas are cooking.
- Separately, heat one table spoon of ghee, butter or cooking oil in a frying pan, add chopped onions, garlic, mustard seeds and fry until golden brown.
- Add fried mix to soup, mix well and boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve as required.