Is there anyone in Fiji that doesn't crave these sweet and crispy morsels? Whether you're buying them in bagfulls at the bus stand or making millions of them for entertaining guests and family.
What you'll need?
- 2 cups FMF Normal Flour
- 2 to 3 tbsp Ghee or butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Luke warm Water
- 1 litre Oil for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
What you need to do?
- Shift the FMF Normal Flour well, to avoid any lumps in the dough.
- Add salt and Ghee or butter to the Flour and rub well.
- Add water and make a stiff dough.
- Knead for few minutes and let it rest covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide the larger dough into smaller egg size dough.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut into thin strips about 2 inches long.
- Heat oil and fry on medium heat for few minutes than put the flame to low until fried to golden brown.
- keep aside
- Prepare syrup by boiling water and sugar. Boil together to a very sticky consistency. (3-4 string)Note that we need to keep stirring while cooking the syrup.
- Pour the hot syrup over the fried Lakdi Methai and mix well.
Let it cool and store it in an air tight container. Delight your guests.