3 cups fmf split peas
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 -10 Curry leaf stems
2- 3 Chilies (optional)
3 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
Salt to taste
3 teaspoon ginger
Handful of white sesame seeds
Handful of fennel seed (saunf)
1. Wash and soak 3 cups of fmf split peas dhal (matar) with a teaspoon of baking powder overnight or 8hours
2. Rewash the soaked fmf dhal and drain the water.
3. Mix this in a larger bowl with the remaining ingredients (Curry leaf, Chilies , cumin seeds (jeera), Salt to taste, ginger, sesame seeds & fennel seeds (saunf))
4. Use a food processor to grind the mixture so that it is coarse and can bind together.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan for deep frying
6. Take a tablespoon full of the bara mixture into your hand and flatten it to a circle.
7. Place directly into the oil.
8. Deep fry till its golden brown.
With Cucumber chutney
3 Large grated cucumber mixed with 3 Half cup chopped coriander leaves (dhania), salt to taste & half teaspoon grinded cumin (jeera)