Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yield: 9 inches x 4 inches pie tray or 20 muffin sized tarts
The Pie Crust
- 3 cups FMF Babakua mix
- 1 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- In a large basin combine the Babakau mix and the margarine.
- Once mixed in thoroughly add the milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Form the dough, cover it and put it in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- After the dough has been chilled, press it into a greased pie tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- 1 packet of milk
- 1 cup of custard powder
- 1 and 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- On the stove top, heat the milk and the sugar.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved, add the vanilla essence and the custard powder.
- Make sure to stir gently to avoid lumps, once it has thickened, take the custard off the heat.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and add the custard.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- After the pie has cooled. Place it in the fridge overnight or for two hours.
Best served at room temperature or cold.