Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes Cook
Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 55 minutes
Yield: 1 pie tray or 20 muffin size mini pies
- 3 Cups of FMF Babakua mix
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of margarine
- 4 tablespoons of water
Note : The flour is added to break the sweetness of the Babakua mix.
- In a large basin, add the Babakau mix, flour and margarine.
- Add the cold water gradually to form the dough.
- Set aside while you make your filling.
- 1 kg of chicken mince (defrosted)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (crushed)
- 1 whole onion (chopped finely)
- 2 carrots chopped finely or grated
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour mixed with water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heated pan on the stove, add the oil.
- Stir in the onion and garlic.
- When the onion and garlic have browned add the chicken mince and soy sauce and cook it well.
- Add the carrots and the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy.
- Take if off the heat and place it aside.
- Grease your pie pan well, half the dough mixture
- Roll out one portion of the dough and place it in the tin. ensure that it fits the sides as well.
- Pour the filling in the pie tray and roll out the other portion on the top of the pie, covering it completely.
- Bake it for 45 minutes till the pastry is a golden brown colour
- Let the pie cool for 15 minutes before serving it.