Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
Yield: 15 tarts
The Pineapple Jam
- 2 large pineapples peeled and grated.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- In heavy saucepan combine cornstarch, all the sugar and salt.
- Add pineapple with juice and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a bubbling boil, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture comes to a boil continue stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes, or until thickened and it loses its “milky” look.
- Remove from the heat and add margarine, stirring to melt.
- Let your mixture cool and prepare the dough.
- 3 cups of FMF Babakau Mix
- 250g of margarine
- 3/4 cold water
- 1 cup of flour for dusting
- In a large basin combine the Babakau mix and the margarine.
- Once mixed in thoroughly add the water one tablespoon at a time.
- Form the dough, cover it and put it in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Dust the surface lightly with flour and roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough in to even rectangles.
- Add the filling on top of one rectangle and then lightly rub some water to seal the edges. Press lightly around the mini pie with a fork to seal the edges properly.
- Brush the tops with melted margarine and bake for 35 minis or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea.